Project description: Repaving Lahser Road from Telegraph Road (US 24) to Lahser Road
Estimated project cost and funding sources: The project is expected to cost $1.7 million. It is being funded by the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), the City of Southfield and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
Construction information -- The project involves:
- Milling (grinding off the top layer of existing pavement)
- Repaving this one-mile section of 12 Mile Road with asphalt
- Some curb and gutter replacement
- Reconstructing pedestrian crosswalk ramps to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Installation of new pedestrian crosswalk signals
- Guardrail improvements
- New bus-stop pads
One lane in each direction will remain open throughout the project. Access to all homes and business along the road will be maintained at all times.
Project start: June 1, 2020
Late fall Sept. 2 (open to traffic with periodic lane closures for behind the curb restoration of turf)
Contractor: Cadillac Asphalt
Contractor website: CLICK HERE
QUESTIONS? CALL 877-858-4804 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org