The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) has approved a permit allowing Consumers Energy to close multiple roads in succession throughout Waterford, Milford, Rose and Highland townships, for a pipeline replacement project beginning Tuesday, July 7.
Each road is expected to be closed for less than a week. The entire project is expected to be completed by mid-August.
The roads included are:
- Demode Road between Fish Lake Road and Hickory Ridge Road in Rose Township (July 7-10)
- Rattalee Lake Road between Fish Lake Road and Ledgestone in Rose Township (July 7-10)
- Watkins Boulevard west of Milford Road in Highland Township (July 8-15)
- Munger Road between Fish Lake Road and Buckhorn Lake Road in Rose Township (July 14-17)
- Wardlow Road between North Milford Road and North Hickory Ridge Road in Highland Township (July 18-22)
- Lone Tree Road between Rowe Road and Milford Road in Highland Township (July 23-27)
- Rowe Road between Milford Road and Lone Tree Road in Highland Township (July 28-31)
- Dawson Road between South Garner Road and Martindale Road in Milford Township (Aug. 1-5)
- Buno Road between Milford Road and Huron River Parkway in Milford Township (Aug. 6-10)
- Maple Road west of Milford Road in Milford Township (Aug. 11-14)
During the all the closures, pedestrian and business access will be maintained.
The construction is a part of a four-phase, $610 million Consumers Energy project to modernize the Saginaw Trail Pipeline. The project started in 2017 and is expected to be finished in 2021. Consumers Energy notes that replacing the 78 miles of 1940s pipeline with 94.4 miles of newly installed pipeline will help move natural gas more quickly, safely and efficiently.
Oakland county is part of phase four which includes 28.2 miles of construction.
Detours for each project can be found on the RCOC website: http://rcocweb.org/436/Permit-Work-and-Short-Term-Road-Closures
More information about the Consumers Energy project is available at the company’s project web page: https://www.consumersenergy.com/company/reliability/saginaw-trail-pipeline