The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with Waterford Township, will reconstruct Walton Blvd. from Sashabaw Road to Clintonville Road. The project is expected to start on July 25.
During construction, one lane of traffic in each direction will remain open. Access will be maintained to all homes and businesses along this section of Walton Blvd. The project is expected to be completed in November.
This project will cost approximately $4 million. Eighty percent of the cost will be paid for with federal road funds. The remainder will be paid for by RCOC, Waterford Township and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
This project includes:
- Removal of existing concrete pavement and repaving the road with asphalt
- Replacement of some concrete curbs and gutters
- Replacement of the traffic signal at the drive to Mason Middle School
- Minor improvements to storm sewers and drainage
- Upgrades to pedestrian crossings to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
For more information on the project, visit Walton Blvd., Sashabaw to Clintonville Road, project page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: http://rcocweb.org/623/Walton-Blvd-Sashabaw-to-Clintonville-Roa).