The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with White Lake Township, will host a public information meeting Tuesday, Jan. 11, about the planned 2022 construction of roundabouts at the Elizabeth Lake Road/Teggerdine Road and Elizabeth Lake Road/Oxbow Lake Road intersections in White Lake Township.
The meeting is from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Oxbow Elementary School, 100 Oxbow Lake Road in White Lake Township. The meeting with be open-house format -- there will be no formal presentations. RCOC staff will be present to answer questions throughout the meeting.
Anyone attending the meeting will be required to wear a mask per school policy.
The approximately $1.7 million safety improvement project is funded by RCOC and White Lake Township.
Construction and safety upgrades include:
- Conversion of the three-way Elizabeth Lake Road/Teggerdine Road intersection, now controlled with stop signs, to a single-lane roundabout.
- Conversion of the three-way Elizabeth Lake Road/Oxbow Lake Road intersection, now controlled with stop signs, to a single-lane roundabout.
- Repaving roads in the vicinity of the roundabouts with asphalt.
- Installation of curbs and cutters, sidewalks, Americans with Disability Act (ADA)-compliant pedestrian crosswalks and street lighting at the roundabouts.
- Improvements to storm sewers and drains.
- Milling and repaving Elizabeth Lake Road between the roundabouts with the addition of four-foot paved road shoulders.
Utility relocation is expected to occur in the winter of 2022. Tree removal is expected to take place in February and March of 2022.
Construction is expected to start in June of 2022 with Elizabeth Lake, Oxbow Lake and Teggerdine roads closing to through traffic at the intersections and within the project limits. During the work, access to homes and businesses within the construction zone will be maintained. The detour for through traffic throughout the project will be Elizabeth Lake Road to Williams Lake Road to Highland Road to Bogie Lake Road to Cooley Lake Road to Oxbow Lake Road and vice versa.
The project will conclude in late fall of 2022.
The Elizabeth Lake Road/Teggerdine Road intersection carries approximately 15,070 vehicles daily. The Elizabeth Lake Road/Oxbow Lake Road intersection carries approximately 15,490 vehicles daily.
For more information on the project, visit the Elizabeth Lake Road page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: http://rcocweb.org/619/Elizabeth-Lake-Road-Roundabouts-White-La).