The previously announced closure of Milford Road just east of Water Road and west of Demode Road in Rose Township has been delayed from today, Monday, Sept. 13, to tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 14.
The closure is necessary to replace a culvert that carries the Buckhorn Creek under the road. Milford Road will remain closed until approximately mid-November. The project start date was determined by the date the replacement culvert is available.
During the closure, access to all homes within the construction area will be maintained at all times. The through traffic detour route during the closure will be Fenton Road to Hickory Ridge Road to Middle Road back to Milford Road and vice versa.
The culvert removal and replacement project, expected to cost $765,000, will be paid for by RCOC.
The project includes:
- Removal and replacement of the culvert under the road
- Removal of existing retaining walls
- Installation of concrete headwalls and wingwalls
- Replacement of guardrails
- Replacement of storm sewer Replacement of curbs and gutters
- Placement of new asphalt in a 450-foot section of Milford Road
The contractor for this project is Superior Company Inc. This section of Milford Road carries
approximately 5,000 vehicles daily.
For more information on the Milford Road culvert replacement project, visit: https://www.rcocweb.org/601/Milford-Road-Culvert-Replacement.
For questions on the project contact RCOC through any of the following methods: