Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) Managing Director Dennis Kolar has announced that most RCOC road construction projects will be suspended at 3 p.m. Friday, July 2, for the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
Work will resume after 6 a.m. on Tuesday, July 6.
“The Road Commission wants to ensure that its roads are as free of obstructions as possible during this period because of the increased traffic we typically see on a holiday,” Kolar stated. “That should help to ensure safe and convenient holiday travel for motorists in Oakland County.”
Kolar has prohibited the hauling of most heavy earth-moving equipment and other large contractor equipment on county roads (vehicles that require a permit to travel on county roads) during the holiday. Some lane closures will be eliminated for the holiday.
Several road closures that will remain in place through the weekend are:
- Adams Road from Long Lake Road to Square Lake Road on the City of Troy/Bloomfield Township Border will remain closed to southbound traffic until late October.
- Barron Road from Grange Hall Road to Groveland Road in Groveland Township remains closed to through traffic until early November.
- Cranbrook Road from 14 Mile to Maple Road remains closed to through traffic on the Bloomfield Township/Birmingham border until late August.
- Currie Road from 9 Mile to 10 Mile Road in Lyon Township remains closed to through traffic until early October.
- Eston Road from Clarkston Road to Algonquin Boulevard in independence Township will remain closed until late July for the removal and replacement of a culvert just north of Alamo Avenue.
- Flemings Lake/Walters Road from Clarkston Road to Waldon Road in Independence Township will remain closed to through traffic until late July.
- Grand River Avenue/Novi Road intersection west leg will remain closed from Crescent Boulevard and Novi for stage one of a concrete-slab replacement project.
- Greenfield Road from 13 Mile to 14 Mile Road on the Beverly Hills/Royal Oak border remains closed to through traffic until late July for Consumers Energy utility work. Maple Road from Inkster to Franklin Road in Bloomfield Township remains closed to through traffic until late September.