The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) will begin replacing concrete on Big Beaver Road from Rochester to Dequindre Road in Troy starting Thursday, May 6.
The work will start with lane closures on westbound Big Beaver Road. The work on Big Beaver Road is one of several concrete-slab-replacement projects planned for the 2021 construction season.
Additional locations include:
- Big Beaver Road, I-75 to just east of Livernois Road, Troy
- Crooks Road from Fountain Drive to north of Square Lake Road, Troy (in progress)
- Dequindre Road, Big Beaver Road to Long Lake Road, Troy
- John R Road, Maple Road to Long Lake Road, City of Troy
- Long Lake Road, east of Livernois Road to Rochester Road, Troy
- Long Lake Road, west of Northfield Parkway to Corporate Drive, Troy
- Maple Road, just west of John R Road, Troy
- Novi Road, Main Street to just north of Grand River Avenue, Novi (expected to start approximately June 14)
- Orchard Lake Road, 11 Mile Road to I-696, Farmington Hills
Roads will remain open to traffic with lane closures during the work. Start dates for each project will be updated on the RCOC website, http://rcocweb.org/419/Concrete-Slab-Replacement.
DiLiso Contracting, of Clinton Township, and Cipparrone Contracting, of Southfield, are doing the work.
Motorists should also be aware that if they see little activity within the construction site, it is due to the fact that the concrete must cure before it can be driven on