The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) has begun replacing concrete on Crooks Road between Fountain Drive and Square Lake Road in Troy.
During the work, motorists can expect lane closures. Work on Crooks Road is expected to be completed by approximately early May. The work on Crooks Road is the first of several concrete slab replacement projects planned for the 2021 construction season.
Additional locations will include:
- Big Beaver Road, Rochester Road to Dequindre Road, Troy
- Big Beaver Road, I-75 to just east of Livernois Road, Troy (expected to start Apr. 26)
- Dequindre Road, Big Beaver Road to Long Lake Road, Troy
- John R Road, Maple Road to Long Lake Road, Troy
- Long Lake Road, east of Livernois Road to Rochester Road, Troy
- Long Lake Road, west of Northfield Parkway to Corporate Drive, Troy
- Maple Road, west of John R, Troy
- Novi Road, Main Street to north of Grand River Avenue, Novi
- Orchard Lake Road, 11 Mile Road to I-696, Farmington Hills
Start dates for each project will be updated on the RCOC website, http://rcocweb.org/419/Concrete-Slab-Replacement. The work is being done by DiLiso Contracting of Clinton Township and Cipparone Contracting of Southfield.
Motorists should also be aware that if they see little activity within the construction site, it is due-to-the-fact that the concrete needs time to cure before further work can be completed.