The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in cooperation with the City of Novi, expects close Novi Road at 12 Mile Road in the City of Novi beginning Aug. 2 for the second phase of the ongoing reconstruction of the intersection.
The project completion has been extended by the contractor, Mark Anthony, to approximately mid-September
One lane of 12 Mile Road in each direction at the intersection will remain open throughout the duration of the project. Access to businesses in the area will be maintained at all times.
The detour for Novi Road traffic is Grand River Avenue to Meadowbrook Road to 13 Mile Road, back to Novi Road and vice versa.
The approximately $1.1 million project is funded by RCOC and the City of Novi. The project includes:
- Removal and replacement of concrete at the intersection (completed during Phase 1)
- Removal and replacement of the northbound and southbound Novi Road approaches at 12 Mile Road
- Reconstruction of the 12 Mile Road turnaround just west of Novi Road (completed during Phase 1)
- Drainage improvements
- Upgraded pedestrian-crossing signals
- Americans with Disabilities Act-compliant crosswalks and sidewalks
The Novi/12 Mile Road intersection carries approximately 37,000 vehicles daily.