The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) will host a public information meeting Wednesday, June 15, about the widening of Baldwin Road from Morgan Road to Gregory Road in Orion Township.
The project is planned take place in 2017 and is the first phase of a two-phase project. The second phase, expected to take place in 2018, involves the widening of Baldwin between Gregory and Waldon.
The public meeting is from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. at Waldon Middle School, 2590 Waldon Road (between Baldwin and Joslyn roads) in Orion Township. The meeting will be open-house format -- there will be no formal presentations. RCOC staff will be present to answer questions throughout the public meeting.
The approximately $35 million project is funded with a mix of federal and local dollars. Local funding is shared by RCOC, Orion Township and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
The project includes:
• Widening this section of Baldwin from two lanes to either five lanes or a four-lane boulevard:
- Standard four-lane boulevard from Morgan to Judah
- Five-lane construction from Judah to Gregory
- Four-lane boulevard from Gregory to Waldon
• The entire project (Morgan to Waldon) also includes five roundabouts to be constructed at Gregory, Waldon, Maybee, Judah and Great Lakes Athletic Center
• Curb and gutter installation
• Improved lighting and safety-related landscaping at roundabouts
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant pedestrian crosswalks
During the project, the road will remain open to traffic, but motorists should expect delays. Access to all properties along the road will be maintained throughout the project.