The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) will begin resurfacing work on Maple Road from Pontiac Trail to Welch Road in the City of Walled Lake on May 31.
The road will remain open to traffic during construction; however, motorists can expect delays.
The $1 million project is funded by the City of Walled Lake, federal funding, Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program) and the RCOC. The 0.91 mile project includes:
• Milling and asphalt resurfacing
• Drainage improvements on the road
• Decorative concrete pavement
• Concrete curb and gutter work
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant sidewalk ramps and pedestrian signals
The prime contractor for this project is Cadillac Asphalt located in Wixom. The project is expected to conclude approximately mid-September.