WORKZONE CAMERA TO PROVIDE PUBLIC VIEW OF WIXOM ROAD BRIDGE REPLACEMENT OVER HURON RIVER ON MILFORD TWP./COMMERCE TWP. BORDER
Beverly Hills, MI – A workzone camera is providing the public with a real-time view of the project to replace the Wixom Road bridge over the Huron River on the Milford Twp./Commerce Twp. border. The camera operates daily, shooting a photo every 30 minutes.
Viewers can watch the progress of the bridge replacement here or by selecting the link to the camera from the helpful links menu at the bottom of the homepage of RCOC’s Website, www.rcocweb.org. Viewers can also see a time-lapse series that combines all photos taken in succession. RCOC will produce a compilation of all photos following the completion of the project.
The bridge replacement is a $2.2 million project that began July 29. The cost is 95 percent covered by the State of Michigan’s Local Bridge Program with the remaining 5 percent covered by RCOC. The project includes:
Demolition of the existing bridge
Construction of new single span bridge
Paving of the bridge approaches
Wixom Road is closed at the bridge for the duration of the project. The detour is Glengary Road to Benstein Road to Bass Lake Road to Sleeth Road, back to Wixom Road and vice versa.
The Huron River will also close for brief periods of time throughout the project, though access will be maintained throughout most of the work, including on most weekends.
The contractor for this project is Grand River Construction of Hudsonville, MI.
This section of Wixom Road carries 9,750 vehicles daily.
For more information on the Wixom Road bridge project, visit: http://www.rcocweb.org/448/Wixom-Road-Bridge-over-Huron-River
--- ### ---