The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) will begin concrete slab replacement projects in five locations in coming weeks:
- The Haggerty Rd./10 Mile Rd. intersection on the Novi/Farmington Hills border, July 24 through Aug. 28,
- Sashabaw Rd. from Maybee Rd to Waldon Rd. in Independence Township, July 27 through Aug. 30,
- Cass Lake Rd. from Orchard Lake Rd. to Otter Ave in Keego Harbor, Aug. 21 through Sept. 11,
- Brown Rd. from Joslyn Rd to M-24 on the Orion Township/Auburn Hills border, Aug. 24 through Sept. 18 and
- Greenfield Rd. from 9 Mile Rd. to 10 Mile Rd. in Southfield, Sept. 7 through Oct. 10
During construction, all roads will remain open to traffic, but will have intermittent lane closures for construction crews. The left-turn lanes at the Haggerty Rd./10 Mile Rd. intersection will be closed at times.
The contractor for these projects is Cipparrone Contracting, Inc. of Southfield.
When concrete is poured, there is a seven day curing process before cars can drive over the new slabs. This means that there will be lanes closed with barricades, but no workers may be present during this time. This work is weather dependent and dates are subject to change.