Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) Managing Director Dennis Kolar has announced that most RCOC road construction projects will be suspended at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1, for the Labor Day holiday weekend.
Work will resume after 6 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
“The Road Commission wants to ensure that its roads are as free of obstructions as possible during this period because of the increased traffic we typically see on a holiday weekend,” Kolar stated. “That should help to ensure safe and convenient holiday travel for motorists in Oakland County.”
Kolar also prohibited the hauling of most heavy earth-moving equipment and other large contractor equipment on county roads (vehicles that require a permit to travel on county roads) during the holiday. Some lane closures will be eliminated for the holiday.
The following roads, which are under construction, will remain closed for the holiday:
- Cooley Lake Road, west of Carroll Lake Road, on the border of Commerce Township and White Lake Township.
- Orion Road/Conklin Road/Stoney Creek Road intersection in Independence Township and Orion Township.
- Waldon Road, Baldwin Road to Clintonville Road in Orion Township.
- Dutton Road, between the north and south legs of Livernois Road, in Rochester Hills and Oakland Township.
- Southbound Novi Road, 10 Mile Road to 9 Mile Road in Novi.
- Southbound Greenfield Road, 10 Mile Road to 9 Mile Road in Southfield.
For more information on RCOC road construction projects, visit the RCOC website, www.rcoc.org and click the “Road Projects” button on the home page. Direct link: http://www.rcocweb.org/189/Road-Projects.