The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) expects to close Cooley Lake Road, from Carroll Lake Road to Bogie Lake Road on the border of White Lake Township and Commerce Township, starting July 10 to replace culverts that carry the Huron River under the road.
During the closure, the detour route for through traffic will be Carroll Lake Road to Wise Road to Bogie Lake Road, back to Cooley Lake Road and vice versa. Access to homes and businesses in the closed section will be maintained east and west of the culvert work throughout the duration of the project.
The project will cost approximately $2.45 million and is being funded by RCOC. The contractor for the project is Anlaan of Grand Haven.
The project includes:
- Removal of the existing culverts under Cooley Lake Road and replacement with a pre-cast concrete bridge.
- Placement of curbs and gutters in the vicinity of the new bridge.
- Replacement of the guardrail in the vicinity of the bridge.
- Removal and replacement of the asphalt pavement in the vicinity of the bridge.
- Minor drainage improvements in the vicinity of the bridge.
Completion of the project is expected in late October. This section of Cooley Lake Road carries approximately 9,640 vehicles daily.
For additional information about the project, visit the project page on the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (click on the “Road Projects” button on the home page and select the “Cooley Lake Road Culverts” item; the direct link is: https://www.rcocweb.org/618/Cooley-Lake-Road-Bridge).