Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) Managing Director Dennis Kolar has announced that most RCOC road construction projects will be suspended at 3 p.m. Friday, June 30, for the July 4 holiday weekend.
Work will resume after 6 a.m. on Wednesday, July 5.
“The Road Commission wants to ensure that its roads are as free of obstructions as possible during this period because of the increased traffic we typically see on a holiday,” Kolar stated. “That should help to ensure safe and convenient holiday travel for motorists in Oakland County.”
Kolar also prohibited the hauling of most heavy earth-moving equipment and other large contractor equipment on county roads (vehicles that require a permit to travel on county roads) during the holiday. Some lane closures will be eliminated for the holiday.
Roads that are fully or partially closed for construction will remain closed, such as:
- Northbound Novi Road from 9 Mile Road to 10 Mile Road in Novi remains closed for construction.
- East Avon Road from Dequindre Road to 23 Mile Road, on the Rochester Hills/Shelby Township border remains closed for Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA) watermain work and road reconstruction until mid-August.
- The Elizabeth Lake Road/Oxbow Lake Road intersection in White Lakes Township remains closed for roundabout construction.
- Westbound Ten Mile Road, Haggerty Road to Meadowbrook Road, in Novi, remains closed for continued construction. Eastbound Ten Mile Road is open to traffic.
- Waldon Road, Baldwin Road to Clintonville Road remains closed to through traffic until mid-November for construction.
- The Oakwood Road/Hadley Road intersection in Brandon Twp. will remain closed for construction.
For more information on RCOC road projects, visit the Road Projects section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: https://www.rcocweb.org/189/Road-Projects).