The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) expects to close the Oakwood Road/Hadley Road intersection starting Monday, June 19, for intersection safety improvements.
The project includes:
- Extending the Oakwood Road center left-turn lane from Oakwood Elementary School west through the intersection.
- Replacing the culvert under the intersection.
- Widening the Oakwood Road shoulders to six feet.
- Adding curbs and gutters throughout the intersection.
- Improving the storm sewer and drainage at the intersection.
- Extending the pavement on the south side of the intersection to improve traction (Hadley Road is gravel south of the intersection).
Access to all homes and businesses in the vicinity of the intersection will be maintained throughout the project.
During the closure, the detour route for Oakwood Road traffic will be Baldwin Road to Seymour Lake Road to Ortonville Road (M-15) and back to Oakwood Road and vice versa.
The detour for Hadley Road traffic will be Seymour Lake Road to Ortonville Road (M-15) to Hegel Road and back to Hadley Road and vice versa.
The $2.14 million project will be paid for with a combination of federal funds and RCOC dollars.
The contractor for the project is Zito Construction of Grand Blanc. The intersection carries approximately 7,200 vehicles daily.
The project is expected to be completed in early September. For more information about the project, visit the project page on the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org. Click on the “Road Projects” button on the home page and select “Oakwood Road/Hadley Road Intersection” from the list of projects (direct link: https://www.rcocweb.org/653/Oakwood-RoadHadley-Road-Intersection).