The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with the City of Novi, has reopened southbound Novi Road from Nine Mile Road to Ten Mile Road after replacing culverts under the road.
Northbound Novi Road, Nine Mile to Ten Mile, remains closed to traffic for continued construction until late fall. The work is part of the ongoing project to resurface and make safety improvements on this portion of Novi Road.
Access to all properties is maintained throughout the project using southbound Novi Road. The northbound Novi Road detour is Ten Mile Road to Meadowbrook Road to Nine Mile Road, back to Novi Road and vice versa.
The remaining work on the $4.1 million project includes:
- Milling (grinding off) the existing asphalt road surface and resurfacing with three inches of asphalt.
- Improvements to drainage and storm sewers.
- Placement of concrete curbs and gutters.
- Upgrades to pedestrian crosswalks to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Upgrades to guardrails.
- Upgrades to traffic signals at the Nine Mile Road/Novi Road and Nick Lidstrom Drive/Novi Road intersections.
- Extension of the center left-turn lane on Novi Road from Nick Lidstrom Drive south to Little Falls Boulevard.
The contractor for the project is Springline Excavating of Farmington Hills. This section of Novi Road carries approximately 18,500 vehicles daily.
For more information on the project, visit the “Novi Road, Nine Mile to Ten Mile” page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: https://www.rcocweb.org/622/Novi-Road-9-Mile-to-10-Mile-Road).