The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with the City of Farmington Hills, is pleased to announce that Orchard Lake Road, from 13 Mile Road to 14 Mile Road, is fully open to traffic.
Since late March, Orchard Lake Road was partially closed to traffic for a reconstruction project. During the work, several improvements, including measures to improve safety, were made as part of the project.
The $7.3 million project included:
- The removal and replacement of the pavement, curbs and gutters from 13 Mile Road to Hunters Lane. The road will be repaved with eight inches of asphalt.
- From Hunters Lane to south of Rexwood Street, the road has been reconstructed as a narrow, four-lane boulevard to improve safety. This section was constructed with 10 inches of concrete.
- A new roundabout was constructed at the Orchard Lake Plaza driveway to improve safety.
- From south of Rexwood Street to 14 Mile, the center left-turn lane will be removed and replaced with a center median.
- Pedestrian crosswalks have been upgraded to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The contractor for the Orchard Lake Road project is M.L. Chartier of Ida, MI.
For more information on the project, visit the Orchard Lake Road page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: http://rcocweb.org/626/Orchard-Lake-Road-13-Mile-to-14-Mile-Roa).