The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) has reopened Union Lake Road, between Wise and Commerce roads in Commerce Township, three weeks ahead of schedule.
The road closed July 19 for a culvert replacement. In addition to the culvert replacement, the approximately $780,000 project included:
- Replacement of the lake-level structure adjacent to the road
- Replacement of curbs and gutters in the affected road section
- Replacement of 200 feet of asphalt pavement
- Replacement of guardrails, signs and pavement markings
- Upgrade of the traffic signal at the Union Lake Road/Wise Road intersection
The contractor for the project was VIL Construction of Sterling Heights.