September 8, 2022 11:00 AM
EXPECT LANE CLOSURES AT THE HAGGERTY RD/TEN MILE RD INTERSECTION FOR CONCRETE WORK STARTING SEPT. 12
In partnership with the cities of Novi and Farmington Hills, the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) will begin replacing asphalt with concrete at the Haggerty Road/Ten Mile Road intersection, on the border of the two cities, starting Monday, Sept. 12.
During the work, the intersection will remain open to traffic with lane closures and traffic shifts. The work is expected to last one month, with all lanes reopening to traffic approximately Oct. 12.
The work is part of a larger project, the major resurfacing of Ten Mile Road, Haggerty Road to Meadowbrook Road, with most work to be done in 2023.
The $9.58 million project also includes the following work to be done in 2023:
• Milling (grinding off) existing road surface and repaving with asphalt
• Implementing safety improvements, including a continuous center left-turn lane; adding and extending selected right-turn and deceleration lanes; and widening the shoulders
• Repairing and replacing curbs and gutters
• Replacing the Francis Drain and Bishop Creek culverts under the road
• Upgrading the pedestrian crosswalks to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Upgrading traffic signals at 10 Mile Road/Meadowbrook Road and Ten Mile Road/Cranbrook Road intersections
• Adding an eight-foot-wide sidewalk along the south side of Ten Mile Road
• Watermain replacements
Additional work that will take place in 2022 includes tree removals (Oct. 1, 2022, through March 1, 2023).
The contractor for the project is Toebe Construction of Wixom.
This section of Ten Mile Road carries approximately 15,700 vehicles daily. For more information on the project, visit the RCOC website at www.rcocweb.org (click on the “Road Projects” icon on the home page and then select “Ten Mile Road, Meadowbrook to Haggerty Road.” The direct link is https://www.rcocweb.org/613/Ten-Mile-Road-Meadowbrook-to-Haggerty-Ro.
For questions on the project, contact RCOC through any of the following methods:
• Online at www.rcocweb.org
• By telephone at 877-858-4808 (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.)
• Via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org