Ten Mile Road, Meadowbrook Road to Haggerty Road (2022-23)
PROJECT LIMITS: Meadowbrook Road to Haggerty Road
COMMUNITY: City of Novi
FUNDING: The estimated $6.9 million project is mostly paid for with federal road funding. The remaining costs are split between the Road Commission for Oakland County, City of Novi and Oakland County general government through the Tri-Party Program.
PHASE I CONSTRUCTION (2022):
- Repairing pavement at the Haggerty /Road/10 Mile Road intersection (Sept. 12 through Oct. 13, 2022 - complete)
- Storm sewer work on Ten Mile Road, Haggerty Road to Meadowbrook Road (starting Oct. 19 through Jan. 2023; work will be done under lane closures and flaggers directing traffic)
- Tree removal (Oct. 1, 2022, through March 1, 2023)
PHASE II CONSTRUCTION (2023)
- Milling (grinding off) the existing road surface
- Repaving with asphalt and concrete (depending on the section of road)
- Removal and replacement of two culverts under the road (Dec. 6 through April 17)
- Implementing safety improvements including a continuous, center left-turn lane; adding and extending selected right-turn and deceleration lanes and widening the road shoulders
- Repairing and replacing curbs and gutters
- Upgrading pedestrian crosswalks to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Adding an eight-foot-wide sidewalk along the south side of this section of Ten Mile Road
- Upgrading traffic signals at 10 Mile/Meadowbrook and 10 Mile/Cranbrook intersections
- Watermain replacements (City of Novi work)
PROJECT TIMELINE/ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION:
Sept. 12, 2022 (concrete work in the Haggerty Road/Ten Mile Road intersection and storm sewer work on Ten Mile, Haggerty Road to Meadowbrook Road) COMPLETE
PHASE I CONSTRUCTION:
ROAD CLOSURE: Ten Mile Road, Haggerty to Meadowbrook Road, is expected to close on December 6, 2022, through approximately April 17, 2023, for the replacement of two culverts under the road. Access to residential and business properties maintained. The Bishop Creek culvert, just west of Bethany Way, will be removed and replaced first. The Ingersol Creek culvert, just west of Nilan Drive, will be removed and replaced after the work on the Bishop Creek culvert is completed.
DETOUR FOR THROUGH TRAFFIC (during the culvert work): Novi Road to Grand River Avenue to Haggerty Road back to 10 Mile Road and vice versa. Residential and business access maintained east and west of the culvert work.
PHASE 2 CONSTRUCTION:
SPRING OF 2023 (date to be announced):
Westbound Ten Mile Road will close to through traffic. Eastbound Ten Mile Road will remain open to traffic.
DETOUR FOR WESTBOUND TEN MILE TRAFFIC STARTING IN THE SPRING OF 2023 (date to be announced): Haggerty Road to Grand River Avenue to Novi Road, back to Ten Mile Road.
PROJECT EXPECTED COMPLETION: Nov. 15, 2023