Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In partnership with West Bloomfield Township, the Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC) expects to begin a resurfacing project on Pontiac Trail, from Haggerty Road to Green Lake Road, starting approximately Monday, April 18.
During the work, Pontiac Trail will be closed to through traffic. Access to homes and businesses will be maintained throughout the project.
The detour for Pontiac Trail through traffic is Haggerty Road to Maple Road to Drake Road to Walnut Lake Road to Halsted Road, back to Pontiac Trail and vice versa.
Additionally, Green Lake Road will be closed to through traffic between Pontiac Trail and Richardson Road for approximately one month during the project. The detour for Green Lake through traffic during the one-month closure will be Green Lake Road to Richardson Road to Haggerty Road to Maple Road to Drake Road to Walnut Lake Road to Halsted Road to Pontiac Trail and vice versa. The date of the Green Lake closure will be announced when it is determined.
The approximate $2.5 million project is 80 percent federally funded. The remaining cost is shared by RCOC, West Bloomfield Township and Oakland County general government (through the Tri-Party Program).
The 1.13-mile project includes:
• Removal of existing Pontiac Trail pavement and replacement with 7.5 inches of asphalt.
• Extension of the Pontiac Trail center left-turn lane from Green Lake Road west to Parkridge Drive.
• Extension of the Green Lake Road southbound right-turn lane onto westbound Pontiac Trail.
• Spot curb and gutter replacements.
• Upgraded pedestrian crosswalks to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Improved merging of the right lane of eastbound Pontiac Trail just east of Haggerty Road.
The contractor for the project is DiPonio Contracting of Shelby Township.
This section of Pontiac Trail carries about 20,000 vehicles daily. The road is expected to reopen to traffic late summer.
For more information on the project, visit the Pontiac Trail page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: http://rcocweb.org/596/Pontiac-Trail-Haggerty-to-Green-Lake-Roa).