Maple/Middlebelt Road-2019 Project
PUBLIC MEETING: The RCOC will hold a public meeting regarding the project on November 13, 2018 from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. at the Orchard Lake Middle School, 6000 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield
Project Limits: Maple Road and Middlebelt Road intersection and culvert replacement east of Middlebelt
Community: West Bloomfield Township
Funding: The approximately $5.6 million safety improvement project is funded with a mix of federal and local dollars. Local funding is shared by RCOC, West Bloomfield Township and Oakland County general government through the Tri-Party Program.
- Construction of a roundabout at the Maple/Middlebelt intersection
- Drainage improvements
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliant crosswalks
- Water main replacements
- Culvert removal and replacement on Maple Road east of Middlebelt Road (expected to happen once the roundabout is open to traffic)
Detour: Yes (dates will be announced)
- The detour for Maple Road traffic during the roundabout and culvert construction will be Inkster Road to 14 Mile Road to Northwestern Highway to Orchard Lake Road, back to Maple Road and vice versa.
- The detour for Middlebelt Road traffic during the roundabout construction is 14 Mile Road to Northwestern Highway to Orchard Lake Road to Walnut Lake Road, back to Middlebelt Road and vice versa.
Contractor: To Be Announced
Project expected start: Late Spring of 2019
Project expected completion: Mid-November of 2019