Maple/Middlebelt Road Roundabout & Culvert Replacement
PUBLIC MEETING: The RCOC will hold a public meeting regarding the project on November 13, 2018 from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. at the Orchard Lake Middle School, 6000 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield
Project Limits: Maple Road and Middlebelt Road intersection and culvert replacement east of Middlebelt Road
Community: West Bloomfield Township
Funding: The approximately $6.6 million safety improvement project is funded with a mix of federal and local dollars. Local funding is shared by RCOC, West Bloomfield Township and Oakland County general government through the Tri-Party Program.
- Construction of a roundabout at the Maple/Middlebelt intersection (scheduled to begin in September)
- Drainage improvements
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliant crosswalks
- Water main replacements
- Culvert removal and replacement on Maple Road east of Middlebelt Road (scheduled to begin in June); culvert is located between Glenway Drive and Bloomfield Glens Road
Detour: Yes (dates will be announced)
- The detour for Maple Road traffic during the roundabout and culvert construction will be Inkster Road to 14 Mile Road to Northwestern Highway to Orchard Lake Road, back to Maple Road and vice versa.
- The detour for Middlebelt Road traffic during the roundabout construction is 14 Mile Road to Northwestern Highway to Orchard Lake Road to Walnut Lake Road, back to Middlebelt Road and vice versa.
Contractor: Angelo Iafrate
CULVERT REMOVAL & REPLACEMENT DATES:
Culvert removal and replacement expected start: June 29
Culvert expected completion: September, TBA
View Progress Photos: Maple/Middlebelt Culvert Replacement Progress Photos
ROUNDABOUT CONSTRUCTION DATES:
Roundabout construction expected start: September, TBA
Roundabout expected completion: Late November
Roundabout resources: CLICK HERE
QUESTIONS? Call 877-858-4804 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org